Sunday, February 14, 2010

{Never a Dull Moment}

So, it’s been a pretty crazy weekend and not just because it’s Valentine’s weekend. Yesterday, while hubby was studying and I was working in my studio, my grandma, who lives next door, called me. I answered the phone and all I heard was hysterics. Finally, I was able to make out a few words:  Fire, barn, 911, and your grandpa won’t listen to me. I told her we would be right there and hung up then phone. I then proceeded to run up and down the hall looking for and yelling at my hubby that there was a fire. He was the first one one out the door and once I found some shoes, I followed shortly after.
When we got over there, the south west corner of the barn was engulfed in flames. Complete strangers had stopped and were helping pull stuff out of the building as my grandpa was trying to get his tractor out. As he was backing the tractor out of the building, the fire trucks arrived.
The fire fighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly and were great with my grandpa (did I mention he is 89 years old?). Everyone was a little shaken up but there were no injuries, thank goodness. Unfortunately, with all the chaos, I forgot to grab my camera until after the fire was out and the fire fighters were gone. Here is some of the aftermath:
Fire-Web-1Fire-Web-2Fire-Web-3Fire-Web-4
I’m really hoping we go without drama for a while. I was exhausted after all that.
Hope everyone had a good weekend and a Happy Valentine’s Day!

Signature-Heart Pin It

6 comments:

JemJam said...

Wow! That is crazy! Glad to see that all of you are not injured. Sleep tight.

Diana Fisher said...

So glad everyone is OK!! Wow!

Robin Thomas said...

Oh Heather! WHat a mess. Bless their hearts having to deal with this. So lucky to have you next door.

Tessa Buys said...

I am so glad that everyone is okay! And thank goodness that the barn wasn't a total loss. I hope you have some drama-free time now :).

mustangkayla said...

What an eventful day! Glad everyone is okay!

Laurie! said...

Oh my goodness! So sorry about the fire! Glad that no one was hurt!!