Monday, February 15, 2010

{A Bittersweet Sale}

For me, this is a year of change. I am trying to SIMPLIFY around here and clearing out my inventory is one of the things I have been thinking about for a while.

What does this mean for A Scrappy Design?

  • It means that I will focus on fewer types of products rather than having a huge assortment of things in my shop*.
  • It means that the “manufacturing” process for these products will be easier for me.
  • It means that quality of product will be better for you.

*I tend to have a bit of ADD so all of the above is going to be a little tough for me so prayers about this would be much appreciated.

In the the last couple of months I’ve lost my only two consignment contracts which has forced me to take a good hard look at what I want to do going forward with the shop. One shop decided to no longer do consignment and the other shop, my local scrapbook store, is closing.  I am extremely sad about the latter and don’t really want to talk about it.  :(

So why bittersweet you ask? Well, BITTER for me because I lost two contracts and am losing my favorite scrapbook store but SWEET for you because I now have more inventory than I know what to do with so…..I’M HAVING A SALE!

Bittersweet Sale*Use the following code:  BITTERSWEET in the message to seller at checkout. I will refund the discount via PayPal when I  process your purchase.

P.S. I would love your feedback. If you could give me some insight as to what your favorite products are currently in or have been sold from my shop I would greatly appreciate it.

Signature-Heart

Pin It

3 comments:

Cari said...

I'm so sorry you lost your consignments. So sad when a LSS goes out of business. We have none left :(

Robin Thomas said...

I had just been wondering about you. I pictured you spending more time with your husband and in reflection. It will be a blessing in the long run I am sure. I do hate to hear about a local store not making it. It affects so many people. Good luck dear...

Diana Fisher said...

So sorry about the bitter news!!

I would love to see more of the journaling spots and date circles. Those Halloween spiders we one of my faves, so maybe more cool items like the spiders and the cherries. I like the scallop labels, too.

Good luck with the new focus!!