Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Feature Friday - The Laughing Mouse


Yes, I know it's Tuesday but I missed the Friday Feature for last week so I'm making up for it today. Bessie over at The Laughing Mouse is this week's feature. Bessie makes the lovliest pouches, clutches and totes. If you haven't already checked out her shop, you're missing out on a wonderful shopping experience!



Tell us a little about yourself.

Hi !My name is Bessie and I'm 24 years old. I'm a mother of 2 hyper active little boys and we currently reside in Houston TX.


What is your first memory of being crafty/artsy?

My first memory of being "artsy" would have to be in high school. My parent's wouldn't buy me flare jeans so I took my regular jeans, cut them up and made them into bell bottoms ! My mom had a fit ! lol.


Where do you get inspiration for your products?

My kids inspire me. Things they do, things they see. We actually sit together in a big pile of scrap fabrics and just start putting things together. The color combo they pick out are amazing !



Tell us a little about your workspace.

O no. You don't want to see my work space lol. My mother is actually in the drapery business and we have a workshop in the garage with a HUGE work table. We have 3 sewing machines, 1 serger, and a couple of other machines that I have no idea what they are for. We are surrounded by huge bolts of fabric everywhere. It's actually kind of like a booby trap if you don't know where to go.

Where can we find your products?


What methods do you find best bring traffic to your shop?

I would have to say listing and renewing has worked best for me. Not only does it bring you closer to the front of your category but sometime I make it on the front page. Admins create "just listed" or "newly listed in time machine" front page treasuries, and I have found some of my pieces make it on there. Also list and relist at different time of the day.


Is there anything else you would like the readers to know?

I am currently working on my blog and plan on having lots of promotions and giveaways. http://thelaughingmouse.blogspot.com/
Pin It

No comments: