Monday, April 26, 2010

{A Full Weekend}

Normally, I have busy weekends but this one was exhausting! It started out with a trip downtown after work to pick up hubby’s race packet. We totally forgot about all the things that were going on this weekend….the Art’s Festival, OKC Thunder Playoffs, and the OKC National Memorial Marathon to name a few. Needless to say, we spent 30 minutes trying to find a place to park and another 15 walking to the place we needed to go. Oh yeah, and I was wearing heels too because when we left downtown, we were headed to a Sunday School party. I. Was. Not. A. Happy. Camper.

Saturday, was a birthday party and dinner with family (my grandpa was in town). Saturday, I actually took some pictures.

Here’s the birthday girl and her Mom & Dad.Family of 3-WMDo you think these two are related?  :)
DeeAnn&Chayse-WM  Love this shot of my Dad & nephew.
Dad&Luke-WM

After a carb loaded dinner with family Saturday night, we got up at 4am Sunday morning to head back downtown so hubby could run his first 5K at the OKC Memorial Marathon. I was so proud of him! He and all the other runners/walkers totally inspired me to participate in the next one (although I may have to start out doing the Kid’s race. LOL)

Isn’t he a cutie?!
James-WM

If you haven’t visited the OKC Bombing Memorial, I highly recommend it. Every time I go, I am deeply moved. There are just no words to explain the feelings you get when you walk through it.
Chairs-WMReflecting Pool-WM

So, there’s my weekend in a nutshell. I’m so glad I took off work today….not doing much except laundry.

Hope everyone has a great week! Come back tomorrow because I will be revealing Diana’s Tutti Fruiti project!

Signature-Heart

Pin It

3 comments:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I visited the OKC bombing memorial in 2006 and it was so beautifully done. My mom and I were really impressed. Great pictures you took there!

Diana Fisher said...

Cute pics! And wow, that was a busy weekend! Looks like it was fun!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwww! u did have a busy weekend!! loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos and i have always wanted to visit the okc memorial! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)