Friday, September 3, 2010

{Make it up as I go Chicken & Pasta}

So, today I spent all day cleaning and was still in cleaning mode when hubsy came home from work. I wasn’t too worried about having dinner ready because he likes to do his P90 workout before dinner so I pulled a couple of chicken breasts out of the freezer to thaw having no idea what I was going to do with it. About an hour later, this is what I came up with.

Chicken & pasta 

Here’s what you’ll need:
Chicken Breasts
Rotini Noodles
1 can Crushed Tomatoes
1 Squash – Sliced,diced or however you like it.
Italian Seasonings (Garlic, basil, thyme, oregano, marjoram)
McCormick Garlic&Herb Seasoning
Olive oil
Garlic Breadsticks

In a saucepan, warm the crushed tomatoes & Italian seasonings (to taste). Add squash & zucchini. Cover and let simmer.

While the sauce is simmering, start cooking the Rotini noodles.

In a skillet, add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil (enough to cover the bottom. While oil is heating, season chicken breasts with the Garlic&Herb seasoning, add to skillet. Cook on med-high heat until cooked through.

Right before chicken is done, warm garlic breadsticks in oven and mix the tomato sauce & pasta.

Serve to hungry family.  :)

If you make this, I’d love to hear what you thought. Also would love to hear any variations you try.

XOXO,
Signature

Pin It

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YUMMY! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Maxabella said...

I popped over from RikRak competition and I really love your blog. I'm very much a 'making it up as I go' cook to so I loved seeing this recipe.


What a nice place to be.
x