Monday, June 8, 2009

Quick & Easy Dinner

Did everyone have a good weekend? We spent it at the lake and while we had fun, we also came back exhausted. After work today, I took a 1.5 hour nap! That almost never happens! When I do nap it's usually a 15 minute power nap. Anyway, when I got up, hubby was fixing dinner (Thank you hubby!!). It's an easy recipe that my Mom use to make when I was growing up. It's called Tortilla Stack. Please forgive me but I don't have exact measurements.

Tortilla Stack

1 lb ground hamburger meat
Chopped onion
1 can tomato sauce
Corn Tortillas
Shredded cheddar (or mexi blend cheese)
1 small can chopped green chilies (optional)
Chili Powder
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown hamburger meat and onions. Add salt & pepper to taste. Add tomato sauce and and green chilies. Add chili powder to taste.

In a lightly greased square glass baking dish, layer corn tortillas, hamburger mixture and cheese. Repeat until all hamburger mixture is gone (Top layer should end with the cheese). Place in preheated oven and heat until cheese is melted.

I usually serve with shredded lettuce, picante and sour cream on top. We also like to eat with corn chips.

If you try it, please let me know what you think! Pin It

1 comment:

Gabbriella Conte said...

Lucky you ---the Lake!!! this sounds like a great qucik meal...can't wait to try it on my son....