Friday, April 24, 2009

Feature Friday - Cherry Red Studio


Kathleen of Cherry Red Studio makes fun kitchy jewelry that takes me back to childhood when those plastic charm necklaces and bracelets were so popular. Remember those? I loved them and had a huge collection of charms. Read on to learn a little more about Kathleen and show her some love by visiting her shop! Click on pics to view/purchase.


Tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Kathleen, and I am currently a full time college student in Murfreesboro, TN majoring in Child Development and Family Services. I fill almost every second of free time crafting and making art. I love to craft, and I try to make it a part of every day, whether it be jewelry making, collaging, cooking, or tending to my tiny window herb and veggie garden.


How did you get started in your current craft?

I have been crafting for as long as I can remember, but I began jewelry making when I noticed how difficult it was for me to find affordable unique jewelry that fit with my interests and style(s). I started to make my own, and got many compliments, and often people would ask if I would make a custom piece, or tell me that I should sell my jewelry to others.


Where do you get inspiration for your jewelry?

I get inspiration from many things, especially unique fashion and color combinations that I see, vintage images, retro pin up style, dancers, and interesting works of art such as altered books and collages. I have many different interests, and my jewelry often reflects many different areas of inspiration.


Tell us a little about your workspace.

My workspace consists of a special space in my apartment that I have stocked with all of my art supplies. I have stacks and stacks of inspirational books and images, along with drawers full of the necessities, plus many inspirational bits and pieces of ephemera and vintage jewelry bits. I often travel and craft, though, so many times my workspace is wherever I currently am sitting!


Other than Etsy, where can we find you and/or your products?

I have a display at Sugaree's Boutique in Murfreesboro, TN, and also occasionally sell some items at the Curious Heart Emporium in Nashville, TN.



Is there anything else you would like the readers to know?

Currently, I am having a Buy One Get One Half Off Sale on everything in the Etsy shop! You may buy any item, and receive a second item of equal or lesser value for half price.
Just write "buy one get one" in the notes to seller box.
I also love to do custom orders, so if there is something you would love to have, just ask!
Pin It

No comments: